We don’t give much of the thoughts to the definition of happiness but we all want it in our respective lives. Unlike most of the things that you can see, touch and feel, happiness is not concrete. It is neither the destination nor the journey in process. Happiness has no permanent address and it holds no temporary taste. Happiness could be everything that happens to you or it could be nothing that fails to move you.
Don’t confuse yourself because happiness has a simple story- it is anything or rather everything that you do to comprehend the ideas of your heart. Yes, your heart has ideas. These ideas are not as big as dreams but weaved in the subtle delight of daily joys; the ideas can certainly become the source of your happiness. It is all about feeling good and being true to oneself. It is all about the conscience, consistency and conscious that you have for creating your own dose of daily happiness.
Achieving the right sense of happiness takes some time, especially when the effort starts with a low esteem. But working on your happiness can be a joyous experience. Here are a few ideas through which you can assist the construction of your happiness.
- Create a ‘Happiness Diary’ to list all the moments, memories and little efforts that make you happy. Update this diary every day.
- If you like something or someone, stop there and then to let them know. Don’t wait for the perfect clock– now is the time. Appreciate the moment that you have in your hands.
- Happiness cannot be attained if the mind is stressed. Relax and practice the ‘left nostril breathe’ mechanism to release unwanted anxiety and stress. It will quickly calm the nervous system.
- Shunt all the negative thoughts– if possible! Negativity will never allow your mental space to enjoy the mirth of joy. Organize the mental clutter and chatter with positive ideas.
- Meditate more often! Switch to yoga for embracing peace in the most constructive manner. Allow your body, mind and soul to rest in the comfort of peace.
- Eat healthy. Your body will naturally start embracing positivity and happiness. . Drink fresh juices, say yes to green-leafy diet, have salad and ditch sugar now.
- Make gratitude your attitude. Have appreciation in your eyes and if you desire to bring some change in the life of a needy, do it right away.