“If you ever think you are too small to be effective, then you have never been in bed with a mosquito”
Malaria is one of the major killers today, up there with HIV/AIDS and TB. It causes over one million deaths every year and the count is on increase. The majority of victims are children under the age of five and pregnant women. We can say half of the human race is at risk. It is caused by a parasite and transmitted to humans through by Anopheles mosquitoes. Here are some worrying facts about the disease.
- 300 to 500 million people suffer from malaria every year, which is around 7% of total global population.
- Africa has 90% of reported cases, and these account for 10% of hospital admissions, 25% of doctor visits and 40%of public health spending.
- Someone dies from Malaria every 29 seconds.
- There are four types of it, all of which produce a severe fever. But the most common can cause death and is becoming increasingly resistant to anti-malaria drugs and medicines.
How to Prevent Mosquito Bites That May Cause Malaria
- Screen your windows and doors.
- Use mosquito nets on your bed.
- Use biological control-some fish in small ponds and water tanks reduce the larval mosquito population.
- Stop mosquito breeding by closing off or removing stagnant water.
- Have drug treatment in your house, both to prevent malaria and for malaria patients.
- Use insect repellents, including body lotions and mosquito mats and coils. Treat your interior walls and bed nets with a suitable insecticide.
- When you’re going out try to avoid scented products, since it attracts the mosquitoes.
- When you need high bug repellent then only use Bug sprays and rub on products.
- You can use Dryer Sheets as repellents. They works as they distract bugs from the body scents
- Use natural oils as Repellent.
Fight against Malaria through Your Computer System
Anti-mosquito software has been developed by a Thai computer programmer. How it works is truly amazing. It generates different sound waves through the computer speakers that repel the mosquitoes. Even it repels rats and cockroaches within a 2-meter radius. Already the software has 400, 000 downloads with an 85 % approval rating. It was just a small step to fight against the most dangerous disease that is malaria. You can also download this software from the internet.