You might have often heard people saying that ‘you are the source of your happiness.’ I believe, revere and worship this statement. It is the virtue and shine of the sun that enlightens the sky and the world. The sun out there is not asking for favors- it is scorching from the worth of self-pleasure and happiness.
If you thing a person or a situation or a material is the source of your happiness, then you are highly mistaken. The source of genuine happiness lies in self. Happiness that we derive from an external source is short-lived and temporary. It is uncertain because you are not sure about the feelings of other (but we can anyhow be true to our heart). Thank yourself for the endless time your instinct, heart, body and soul has supported you. So this year for Thanksgiving, spare five minutes of gratitude to thank yourself for these simple 20 reasons:
Say ‘Thank you’ for:
- The ability to greet everyone with a warm smile.
- Being strong in difficult times.
- Not comparing you to others.
- Being proud for the work you do for yourself and your family.
- Controlling the growth of negative thoughts.
- Being responsive to love and emotions.
- Listening to your favorite music for setting the right frame of mind and mood.
- Gracefully embracing change in life.
- Adding valuable experiences in your life’s journey.
- Being generous with the old and loving with the young ones.
- Eating healthy and being in the right shape.
- Not affecting your inner charm and grace due to somebody’s negative energy.
- Laughing as loud as you can.
- Crying for silly things because it’s OKAY.
- Sharing happiness over social network sites.
- Realizing that life is not perfect.
- Grow wiser and old.