Celebrating the 97th birth anniversary of India’s own Yoga Guru BKS Iyengar, today’s Google Doodle recollects his best tale of outstanding contribution towards yoga. BKS Iyengar is known as one among the first yoga teacher and fitness mastermind in India, who added several flying colors to the hat of yoga practices in our nation. The joyous animated Google Doodle shows an old man (quite identical to that of BKS Iyengar), doing different yoga postures. It is notable that back in eighties, BKS Iyengarwas widely known for his ability of doing a headstand for nearly more than an hour.
All that you about the yoga sensation BKS Iyengar!
- BKS Iyengar has been honored with the prestigious Padma Shri (in the year 1991), Padma Bhushan (in 2002) and Padma Vibhusan in 2014. It is India’s highest civilian award!
- BKS Iyengar has trained yoga to several prominent personalities including Sachin Tendulkar, Queen Elizabeth of Belgium, and so on.
- BKS Iyengar initiated yoga in the west, where he is ardently followed by thousands of yoga followers.
- Time Magazine in the year 2014 has named BKS Iyengar as one among the100 most influential people in the world.
- At the age of 95 years, BKS Iyengar died in the year 2014 on 20 August in Pune. He was survived by five daughters and one son.
His impeccable contribution towards the field of both Indian cum International yoga is remarkable. Needless to say, such gems have always made India proud with their outstanding influence and spirit to the society. Thank you Google Doodle for making our day amazing!