Gooseberry is native to Europe and Southwest Asia. With reference to an Indian text publicizing Gooseberry as an amazing antidote, it is a very strong rejuvenator, believed to be the richest source of antioxidants vitamin C and A. Its history reaches far back in time when it was used as a natural remedy to improve hair. As per the statistics, 100 g of gooseberry contains 700 mg of vitamin C, which is more than present in same amount of orange. Along with vitamin C it has jar full of other rich components like tannic acids, calcium, iron, proteins, sugar, phosphorus and carbohydrates.
In the medieval ages this herb was also referred to as fever berry, because of its ability to cure fever and flu. Gooseberry assists in boosting our immune system and hence prepares it to fight back all the diseases.
Meditative properties of gooseberry
Meditative properties of the berry are ample. It is not only a fast curing antioxidant but also has anti-aging, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-inflammatory and yeast inhibiting properties as well.
Gooseberry has its usage in plenty of ailments some of which still lack proper cure in modern medicinal word:
- Impressive cure for diabetes and Obesity: Due to the presence of polyphenols in amla it is very effective in controlling blood sugar level and reducing levels of lipids and fats in the body. Naturopaths prescribe that amla juice taken with gourd juice also lowers blood sugar level as it stimulates the pancreas to secrete insulin and hence lowers sugar level.
- Increases fertility: Gooseberry keeps the menstrual cycle of women regular and decreases the risk of infertility. Not only women, but it support the reproductive system of men as well and help in its healthy functioning.
- Treat anemia: Patients suffering from anemia are deficient in iron. Being rich in ascorbic acid or vitamin C Gooseberry helps in the absorption of iron. This way it uproots anemia natural.
- Lowers blood cholesterol level: It is known to strengthen heat muscles and decrease the cholesterol levels. Thus makes us less prone to heart diseases.
- Treat Diarrhea and Dysentery: The strong cooling property of gooseberries treat diarrhea very efficiently. Juice of its leaves added to the mixture of milk, honey and ghee, should be taken twice a day to get rid of loose motions.
- A natural eye drop: The juice of these berries, gooseberry in powdered form or taken as capsules every day one hour before consuming milk proves to be a good supplement to improve nearsightedness.
- An amazing hair conditioner: Gooseberries dried to form its oil or boiled in coconut oil serves an excellent conditioner for hair. It also prevents graying of hair and promotes hair growth.
- Anti–aging properties: They moisturize the skin and improve complexion because it detoxifies liver and contains vitamin C. It makes your skin radiant and free of acne, and gives it a soothing effect naturally.
Gooseberries are considered as best herb globally and have earned the regards of most of the naturopaths worldwide. It provides us with single herb treatment for almost all the diseases.