Software testing is the process carried out to test all elements; modules that are new, modified or affected with the any alterations. There are many factors behind the importance of quality assurance software testing and if carried out proactively can contribute a lot in the growth of the company. Some of them are mentioned below:
The basic goals of testing life cycle are verification and validation and can chiefly be used to calculate metrics. The result can give you an evaluation on the performance of different modules.
- Identifying and reporting bugs or errors are the main objectives of any software test methods. The bugs can occur at any stage of testing and can be repaired as soon as possible in order to avoid carry forwarding to next stage.
- Another factor taken into consideration is company’s pride. The reputation of any company can be evaluated by the quality of products/projects it delivers to its clients.
- Efficient tests and identification of bugs can decrease repair costs as compared to, if it is found in later stages.
- Delivering high quality products is the ultimate objective of every organization. It is essential to carry out stringent testing in order to attain the same.
- If carried out properly with the emphasis on the application and keeping in mind the customer vision of the product, testing can help the organization to win more project deals in future.
- It enriches the quality of the software under tests. There may be errors, if not fixed can lead to a huge loss to the organization which can be addition in fixation costs or loss of a project.