Olive Oil Health Benefits
The health benefits of olive oil are wide-ranging with new positive attributes discovered all the time. Every cardiologist recommends at least two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil each day to enjoy the many ways olive oil can be beneficial to your health and your family.
- The phytonutrient in olive oil, oleocanthal, mimics the effect of ibuprofen in reducing inflammation, which can decrease the risk of breast cancer and its recurrence. Squalene and lignans are among the other olive oil components being studied for their possible effects on cancer.
- Olive oil helps lower levels of blood cholesterol leading to heart disease.
- Olive oil is rich in antioxidants, especially vitamin E, long thought to minimize cancer risk. Among plant oils, olive oil is the highest in monounsaturated fat, which doesn’t oxidize in the body, and its low in polyunsaturated fat, the kind that does oxidize.
- Recent studies point toward that regular consumption of olive oil can help decrease both systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
- It has been demonstrated that a diet that is rich in olive oil, low in saturated fats, moderately rich in carbohydrates and soluble fiber from fruit, vegetables, pulses and grains is the most effective approach for diabetics.
- Although high in calories, olive oil has shown to help reduce levels of obesity.
- Although the reasons are still not fully clear, recent studies have proved that people with diets containing high levels of olive oil are less likely to develop rheumatiod arthritis.
- A high consumption of olive oil appears to improve bone mineralization and calcification. It helps calcium absorption and so plays an important role in aiding sufferers and in preventing the onset of Osteoporosis.
- According to a new study from France, older individuals who consume olive oil daily may be able to protect themselves from a stroke.
- Olive Oil Keeps the Heart Young. A diet rich in olive oil may be able to slow down the aging of the heart.
- Olive Oil Fights Osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is a disease characterized by a decrease in bone mass, which in turn causes the architecture of bone tissue to become fragile.
- Olive oil supplementation proved to be beneficial for positively effective thickness of bones.
- Olive oil may protect from depression
- Olive oil is found to help prevent skin cancer
- Olive oil has also been found effective to protect the skin against the damaging effects of UV rays.