Winters are around the corner and people and people have already started shopping for winter wear from the new stock that has just arrived. However, things which can help you keep warm and healthy from within are fruits and nuts that are widely available in this season. These nuts and dry fruits can help your body’s immune system guard against the various diseases and illnesses that are prevalent during this time.
Walnuts, almonds and prune are one of the most nutritional nuts and fruits that are available at this time.Benefits of each of them are mentioned below:
Benefits of Walnuts
Walnuts are rich in essential fatty acids which help to keep the bad cholesterol of the body low. Apart from that, they are packed a whole lot of vitamins, minerals, proteins and sugars.
Following are some benefits of walnuts:
- They keep the blood pressure level in control.
- Walnuts prevent the chances of stroke in the body.
- Walnuts reduce the chances of chronic degenerative diseases.
- They also prevent neurological diseases.
- Walnuts increase blood insulin levels which are great for diabetic people.
- Walnuts are also rich in antioxidants.
Benefits of Almonds
Almonds are another great source of nutrients in the winter which can do a great amount of good to the body. Almonds can either be eaten raw or as a salad, however, it’s best to consume them uncooked because the nutrient loss is the least that way.
Given below are some benefits of almonds in winters:
- Almonds are great for regulating cholesterol.
- Almonds can help to keep fatigue at bay.
- They improvise memory and brain power.
- Being rich in fibre, they help the body to fight constipation.
- Almonds have proven vital for diabetic people as well.
- They can prevent birth defects to a great extent.
Benefits of Prunes
Prunes are basically dried plums and they have been sold as a popular fruit for improving the digestive system. Apart from that, they have multiple benefits which make them quintessential for winters.
Following are some of these benefits:
- They protect the body against free radical damage.
- It helps to prevent type-2 diabetes and obesity.Prune also helps to lower cholesterol and body fat.
- Bone health improves with the prunes and plums.
- Being rich in vitamin K, they help to guard against illnesses in winters.They are a great source of beta carotene.
Winters can be full of fun and fervour if your health stays great and the above mentioned fruits and nuts can make your winters even better.