So there is an exercise for you! Spare a second and say a happy sentence that is all positive and graceful. While speaking the sentence, just notice the movement of your lips. Now spare another second, criticize some other thing with all the negative energy and notice the construction of your lips again. Using negative words will wrinkle and curl your lips- it will create some frown impressions on the forehead and would also increase the pulse rate. Yes, we are comparing negative words with the cold, old and aged energies. There is nothing fresh and chirpy about them! In fact, it is the power of words that has the potential of influencing the behavior of a person.
Choosing a particular set of words has a huge impact on the success abilities of a person- it is duly related with the state of mind! As a clear reflection of feelings, words can either be constructive or destructive. According to the researchers, using negative words can change the flow and release of hormones and neurotransmitters in a person. Since the hormones share a structural regulation with the memories and emotions of a person, their influence on the personal feelings is unavoidable. It wouldn’t be wrong to say that language is more or less an expression of our inner self. It is a mansion that a person creates for self- builds and lives in it for the lifetime! Share an optimistic outlook towards life and say yes to happiness. Here are some tips that can help you in encouraging the right habit:
- Eliminate words like ‘Can’t’ and ‘No’ from your daily dictionary. They are not very healthy for your motivation and attitude.
- Stay hopeful with the maximum use of ‘yet’ in your sentences. Keep the conversation alive with the right dose of hope.
- Use ‘full’ in place of ‘busy’- it has more constructive and positive connotation. The word busy comes with the element of dullness.
- Bid farewell to the word ‘Should’! Though the word is used in the form of an advice, we think you can easily replace it with ‘can’. It will strongly display your intentions!
- Either do it or not, but stop using the excuse ‘I’ll Try! Failure is not a bad thing, and even if you fail, then it also means that you gave it a try.
- Speak good and positive and say no to anything that is negative, conceited and mean. Your outlook towards life has to be optimistic.
- Try understanding the language that your body speaks! Chin up, shoulders back, straight eye contact and audible voice is fairly important while conveying your thoughts.
- Say yes to ‘appreciation’ in your choice of words. See the positive side of the picture before finally passing a judgment.
- Spare a thought…Think…and then speak! A mindless conversation has no appeal- better try to make it insightful.
- Stay humble and grounded while choosing words.