Depression is silent. It is lonely. But it is not the sign of a weak person. It reflects someone who has been trying hard for quite a while…but fails eventually!
Recently, a famous TV actress committed suicide and this buzz created a lot of noise about the nuances of life. Everyone became an expert, commenting about ‘how to live a life’- a judge to speak thoughts freely. Empathies to the deceased, I apologize on behalf of humankind for all the insensitivity we gave to the topic. Passing judgment is easy than the realization of root causes behind such suicides. Depression is the answer. The stress of work, meeting failure in relationships, the loss of hope, the murder of trust and being uncomfortable in the idea of life can cause depression. The reasons can be several that we all need to understand and foremost, accept!
Some Early Signs of Depression:
- Unpredictable mood swings.
- Inability to relax and breathe correctly.
- Sudden anger issues.
- Being overly aggressive.
- Persistent unhappiness or sadness.
- Having a negative approach of life.
- Loss of interest from the worldly things.
- Mental fog.
- Inability to sleep properly.
- Loss of appetite.
Some quick tips to overcome depression:
- Start thinking in present terms. Practice and prepare your mind to live in present moments and try engaging your senses this way.
- Feed your soul with the kiss of music. Choose happy, positive and peppy music.
- Know the power of touch as it releases ‘feel good’ hormones like oxytocin.
- Allow your diet to have Omega 3 fatty acids. It can decrease 50 percent of symptoms.
- Don’t allow your mind to speak negative. Positive Intrapersonal communication is important.
- Cheat yourself- distract your mind– do something different.
- Stay in areas having an effective lighting system. Darkness is prohibited.
- Write it out. Stop it then and there!
- Remember this- your friends are important and they love you. Be with them.
- Choose a fitness regime. Once your body feels tired, it will be easy to sleep.
- Sooner or later, forgive people. Not for anyone else, but for yourself.
- Say it loud and clear- “I won’t give up”.