“Man’s main task in life is to give birth to himself, to become what he potentially is. The most important product of his effort is his own personality.” – By Erich Fromm
A Personality is the typical pattern of thinking, feeling and behavior that make a person stand out in the crowd. Development can be referred as bringing change for some improvement in your own self. So the basic definition of Personality Development can be “Something that enhances your personality. It can be like improving your presence, your looks, your attitude, and your skills at a given moment or a situation.” The development of personality takes into account, the physical as well as a mental state of an individual.
The following are some important tips that can help you in developing your personality:
• Discover yourself– It is very important to know yourself in order to figure out what needs to be done to modify your existing personality. Knowing yourself is not about knowing your favorite dress, actress and food and etc. It is about knowing your limitations and key points.
• Think positively– A very important trait that is required to achieve anything in life is a positive attitude. It has been seen that having a positive approach increases the chances of carrying out a task at hand. Positive attitude also makes you friendly and cheerful which on the whole is reflected in your personality.
• Body language– How you walk, sit , eat , how you behave when others are talking, etc make a huge impact on others. Your body language is therefore a very important facet of your personality. Always have a relaxed posture.
• Be a better listener– There is nothing more appealing if you are a better listener. Be a patient listener and give kind attention to others who are giving advice or suggestions. There is no loss in listening others. Sometimes their words might turn into valuable information for you.
• Read more and expand your interests– The more you read, the better you achieve. Try to spend free time in reading books and newspapers. Reading means look for only valuable things not jokes or something funny. Meeting new people and sharing your thoughts can help a lot in developing your personality.
• Have an opinion– A conversation has nowhere to go if you have nothing to expound on. If, however, you have an uncommon point of view, or differing opinion, you can turn into more interesting personality which is admired by everyone.
• Be yourself– Each of us has unique features, and expressing that uniqueness is what makes us more motivating. Attempting to be a carbon copy of someone else not only falls flatly, but reveals a lack of authenticity.
• Respect others– Being honest and true to your word will bring you the admiration, respect and gratitude of others. Nothing improves a person’s personality more than integrity and respect for others as well as respect for yourself.