Do you know how challenging Yoga is? Trying standing on your hands with legs above your head- Okay, now trying balancing! Did you find it easy? The asana that you just tried practicing is called Vrschikasana (Scorpion Handstand) and is said to be the most challenging yoga posture in practice.
Weaving the perfect fusion for body, mind and soul, Yoga is an art that creates a heavenly bliss of flawlessness in life! Yoga binds the seamless bond of both peaceful as well as challenging asanas that are vital in their own sense. Vrschikasana is one such asana that is widely known for the art of balancing. Needless to say, Vrschikasana also prepares the human body, especially the organ, muscular system and digestive system, for most effective functioning. From strengthening the ‘arm standing posture’to developing the concentration power, Vrschikasana ensure multiple benefits for the human body.
The ‘action-oriented’ approach of Vrschikasana helps a person in developing intelligence. The musculoskeletal system of our body creates the support for our bones and is also useful of the joint motion. With the help of Vrschikasana, you can eventually help the development of your musculoskeletal system. The credit of favorable ‘internal strength’ clearly goes to this form of yoga posture.
Steps for doing Vrschikasana:
Step 1: Strike a ‘Forearm Stand’ pose.
Step 2: Raise your hands and then bend your knees.
Step 3: Move backward and reverse your body for a deep-back bend.
Step4: Lower the feet and move it towards your head.
Step 5: Try to bring your knees together (keep toes in line).
Step 6: Maintain the posture for at least 45 seconds to 1 minute.
Benefits of Doing Vrschikasana:
- Strengthens the muscular system, especially the shoulders, backbone and legs.
- Enhances the ‘stretching’ ability of chest and hip muscles.
- Controls the human pulse rate.
- Induces coordination among the various body organs.
- Enhances body balance in the most unanimous way.
- Ensures the essence of perseverance in the mind of practitioner.
- Creates a solid ‘core’ and tones the abdominal muscles.
- Develops concentration and high focus in mind.
What are the various cautions to be considered before practicing Vrschikasana?
- If you are a beginner with yoga, try avoiding Vrschikasana during the initial days.
- As a newcomer with yoga, try Vrschikasana with the help of a wall.
- Be careful about the asanas if you are facing a spinal problem.
- People suffering with back injuries should avoid Vrschikasana.
- Keep a check on the motion of your wrist.
- Do not try Vrschikasana in case of high blood pressure.
- Say a big no to Vrschikasana in pregnancy.