Yoga is considered as the perfect exercise blend for a large number of people. It is a balancing regimen that strengthens the body, improves concentration of mind and helps create a felt sense of spirit. The ultimate goal of this workout routine is to achieve a state of balance and harmony between mind & body. Moreover, the exercise provides a physical, mental & spiritual system of health.
There are many health benefits associated with this workout routine. Some of them are listed below:
- Improves body posture and enhances the functioning of respiratory, digestive & reproductive systems
- Increases oxygen intake through breathing techniques and meditation practice
- Reduces blood pressure and improves the efficiency of lungs
- Brings calmness of mind, increased energy levels, vitality and a high standard of health
- Augments self-confidence & self-reliance
- Strengthens muscles of the body
This exciting workout routine helps people feel calmer, mentally alert and more relaxed. Although yoga is recognized as an excellent form of self-help therapy, but one would be well advised to begin by attending a course of classes run by an experienced trainer. You can practice this exercise at home; there are a number of books on the subject. As the beginners this exercise proves to be more beneficial if you join a class. During start up you should not do anything your body is not ready for like any head stands, backward bending etc. A beginner’s class works on freeing up the spine, shoulders and consists of five or six standing positions. You should feel good, whole and stretched when you come out after attending a class. Yoga is a wonderful exercise for becoming better acquainted with your body, whatever your age; this workout routine can augment your lifestyle.